How to take care of your Pearl!!
Pearls take care of your class, femininity, and style. And in return demand some care and caution.
They are exquisite delicate object and thus requires indispensable care. Giving them proper care makes it shine longer. Here are few tips on how to take care of your Pearl
How to wear
- Wear pearls often – Pearls when worn often, maintains their shine and keep them hydrated
- Last on, first Off – let your pearls be the last to put on and first to come off.
- After every wear, clean your pearl with soft cotton – wiping your Jewellery every time after use can help remove any body oil, makeup, or unwanted substance which might take away the twinkle of your pearl
- For lasting longer, make sure that your perfume, hair spray, or any other cosmetics do not come in direct contact with your pearl
- Do not wet your pearls. If you spill anything like water, juice, tequila, or any liquid wipe immediately with a soft cotton cloth
- Avoid getting pearls to direct sunlight or places with high humidity or heat
- Use lukewarm water and mild soap as a solution to clean the ornament (only if required). Use a clean soft cotton cloth to wipe it immediately with a fresh soft towel to avoid the water contact for longer. Do not store the Jewellery until it’s dry.
- Avoid household chemicals. Do not wear your pearls while cooking in the kitchen to avoid contact with any acid or liquid solution
How to store Pearls
Pearls get scratched easily when coming in contact with any sharp substances.
If you have to carry your pearls, always use a soft pouch. Avoid storing them for long. The more often it’s worn, the more grace it retains.
Restring your pearls every year to avoid thread accidents especially for a strand pearl necklace. The tread used is either nylon or silk which loses its strength and thus requires a change.
Store them flat and in a dedicated box. Do not store multiple pieces in a single box to avoid any starch or getting entangled
Do not store pearl in plastic bags rather they need to be stored in a box having silk/satin or velvet-lined box
Avoid wrapping it in any colored paper or cloth which might lose its color
Pearls are real but the material used to hold them is artificial. To avoid spoiling your pearls, make sure to
CherishBox provides you with exclusive packaging with every item.
So Why Wait?
Buy yourself a CherishBox!